Monday, November 15, 2004

Back to work...

Well, Mom and Dad have made their way back to Canada.  Kind of hard to believe that "last week we were chasing elephants", as Dad says.  Our safari in Zambia was lovely; we saw tons of animals.  On one of our night drives, we saw a lion chasing an impala (a type of antelope).  My poor vegetarian heart took a bit of a beating :).  My goodness - Zambia is so much hotter than Malawi.  I couldn't believe it.  And Malawi is cooking these days, so you can just imagine what our week was like.  Speaking of which, my Radio Canada International news bulletin tells me this morning that Nova Scotia has received the season's first big snowfall.  That just seems a world away right now!  Anyway, the three of us went out for a lovely meal once back in Lilongwe, and then I saw them off at the airport and made the long drive back to Ekwendeni.

And now it is back to work.  In a few weeks I will be heading to the south of Malawi to do some work there (both for the project and for my own research), so my time these days is pretty well devoted to organising that.  My research proposal is also due in the very near future... trouble.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com