Thursday, August 12, 2004

Once a minutes taker...

Always a minutes taker.  I went to the Synod-wide Primary Health Care meeting today and I was nominated minutes taker.  I hadn't even met most of the people who were there... I must just exude excellent minutes-taking skills.  So there you go.  Thank you very much, Hart House Chorus.

This meeting was held in Livingstonia, which is just over a 2 hour drive away (see blog entry from July for more details).  That means I had to wake up at 5:15... good word, that's early.  But, Livingstonia is quickly becoming one of my favourite places in the whole world, so it was worth it.  The historical stuff is so cool.  Our meeting today was in the Stone House (one of the early missionary houses) and there is kind of a museum in there too... so lots of interesting stuff to look at.  Also, the views around Livingstonia are just incredible.  Even the crazy road didn't seem that bad today - I just focused on the lovely trees around me.  And the monkeys!!  There were monkeys on the road - pretty fun.  They might have been baboons... I don't actually know.  We didn't get that close.  Whatever - some kind of primate.

The meeting was also interesting.  It is cool to see the projects that are happening all across northern Malawi - there is SO MUCH being done!  It is amazing what can happen when people work together, even with really limited resources.  God is doing great things through Livingstonia Synod PHC programmes.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com