Monday, June 28, 2004

Moving Day

Yesterday’s big adventure was moving all of my stuff into a new house.  I am house-sitting for three months while Shirley, a nurse from Ireland, is at home.  Her house is the oldest on the mission station – built in 1902 or something.  It is actually enormous, but has been split into two separate living spaces.  Shirley’s half has two bedrooms, a lovely kitchen, a nice sitting room, a big front porch, and… get ready… running hot water!  Hooray!  I had a lovely, long bath yesterday…  beautiful.  I also have a cat, but I have yet to meet this creature.  I actually only have it to myself for about a week; a medical student is coming to live with me for July, and then another Irish nurse for August and September.  And then Shirley comes home in October, and I move somewhere else.  There is another intern from Canada coming in October, so we will probably live together.  Her name is Laura, so she must be lovely :).

Hope that you are all well.  Don't forget to vote today - it's important!  Exercise your right!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com