Sunday, June 13, 2004

churchy

So, today was my first African church experience. A little more lively than the church that I am used to... even more lively than Smokey Tom's (I know - hard to imagine). Many different choirs sang, and most of them were superb. The service was apparently short - just under two hours - and I had to introduce myself in front of the whole congregation because it was my first Sunday. Adventure. It was quite a nice service. This afternoon, Helen (in whose house I live) and I went into Mzuzu for some groceries, and now we are back for an evening of reading books in front of the fire. Tomorrow is a national holiday - Freedom Day - so it is sure to be full of some adventure on which I will try to report. Hope you are having fun!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com